Virginia Ship Repair Association (VSRA) Company Spotlight!
Next year, the Virginia Ship Repair Association will celebrate its 25th anniversary. The association was founded in 1984 as the South Tidewater Association of Ship Repairers (STASR) when the leaders of our industry joined forces to craft a coalition to “raise the tide” for the entire ship repair industry in Hampton Roads. Their vision charted a course that brings us into 2008 larger and stronger than anytime in our history.
In commemoration of this significant event, the newsletter will include a new feature called “In the Spotlight,” which will provide information on our member companies and their outstanding employees. This month, we highlight Jo-Kell.
- How long have you been a member of VSRA? 2 years, 7 months
- What is your number of employees—locally? 48 Nationally? 61
- What is your business focus (highlight what VSRA membership has meant to your business)? It is the mission of Jo-Kell to provide safe, reliable, high-quality products, systems and services to all of our customers. Superior customer service by friendly, qualified employees is our primary focus. With state of the art products, well-trained employees and a dedicated management team, Jo-Kell continually strives to meet the dynamic needs of the military, commercial marine and industrial community. Being a member of VSRA has helped us to strengthen our relationships with our clients. Our membership has provided information on contracts & awards to shipyards as well as knowledge on legislative and congressional matters. It has also provided us with a variety of training programs for our employees.
- Your company locations: Chesapeake, VA; Richmond, VA and Jacksonville, FL.
- Company slogan/ motto: Solutions for Ship and Shore
Jo-Kell would like to spotlight Edwin Rodriguez
- Hometown: Bronx, New York
- Hobbies: Baseball, football, riding bikes and spending time with my wife and daughter.
- What brought you into the ship repair industry? After serving four years in the Navy as an electrician, my trade brought me to Jo-Kell Inc. I work as an electrician within the Engineering Solutions Group. The Engineering Solutions Group at Jo-Kell has allowed me the opportunity to provide systems and services including project management, field service, start up assistance, engineering, CAD, assembly, testing, installation and commissioning to all of our customers.
- One interesting fact no one knows about you. I enjoy going to musicals!
Categorized in: News
Contact:Jo-Kell Inc., (800) 365-5214 firstname.lastname@example.org • https://www.jokell.com
Comments are closed here.