Suzy Kelly, CEO
Susan H. (Suzy) Kelly is Chief Executive Officer of Jo-Kell Inc., a woman-owned small business. Jo-Kell Inc. is an electrical distribution, engineering, and solutions provider servicing the military, commercial marine and industrial marketplaces for over thirty years. Jo-Kell Inc. employs over 60 people in offices located in Chesapeake and Richmond, Virginia, as well as in Jacksonville, Florida, San Diego, CA, and Atlanta, GA.
Kelly began her career at Jo-Kell in 1978. Under the leadership of Joseph Kelly, the founder of Jo-Kell, Kelly served as Corporate Treasurer, Corporate Secretary, and Executive Vice President. After the retirement of Joe Kelly, Suzy Kelly assumed the title of CEO in 2002. Along with her husband, Marty, the two continue to lead this growing small business.
- Appointed to Governor McDonnell’s Task Force on State Mandates on Localities, 2011
- Elected to Chesapeake City Council, May 4, 2010
- Appointed to Governor’s Commission on Government Reform and Restructuring, May, 2010
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce, Board Member and Executive Board Member
- Chesapeake Virginia Wine Festival, Wine Store Chair
- St. Mary’s Home for Disabled Children, Embrace Campaign Cabinet
- SunTrust Bank, Board of Advisors
- Chesapeake Jubilee Chair, 2010
- Re-elected to Chesapeake City Council, May 6, 2014
Personal Awards and Recognition:
- The Power List: Inside Business’s 75 Most Powerful People in Hampton Roads
- Julian F. Hirst” Leadership Award, Leadership Hampton Roads (awarded to individuals for their distinguished service to their community)
- Athena Award: Nationally recognized award for community commitment.
- Women in Business Achievement Award, Inside Business
- Minerva Award, Small Business Insight Magazine
- Women of Distinction Award in Business, YWCA
- Outstanding Entrepreneur Award, Old Dominion University
- Martin Luther King Leadership Award
- Chesapeake Police Chief’s Award of Recognition
- Points of Light” Appreciation Award, Camelot Civic League
- Interview in Marine Log magazine
- Community Service Award, NAWBO (National Association of Women Business Owners)
- Honorary Tailhook member: USS Enterprise
- Graduate Chesapeake Citizen’s Police Academy
- Spotlight Profile, Inside Business’s Inside Leadership Magazine
- 2016 Entrepreneurial Excellence Award, Inside Business
Corporate Awards and Recognitions:
- Northrop Grumman Corp, Supplier of the Year Award
- VOLUNTEER Hampton Roads, Corporate Volunteer Excellence Award
- Hampton Roads Crime Line, Top Corporation Award
- Chesapeake Small Business of the Year
- Empowering Your Workplace to Prepare”, Healthcare Organizations Emergency Preparedness Seminars, “HOEPS”
- Capitalism at a Crossroads”, Virginia Chamber of Commerce , Conference on Virginia’s Future
- From Racial Division to Reconciliation: The American Journey”
- Christian Principles and Racial Progress and How it Relates to the Upcoming Election”
- Is America Ready for a Black President?” Hampton Roads Committee of 200+ Men, Inc.
- Roles & Responsibilities of Non-Profit Board Members,” Junior League
- Taking Care of Business”
- Organizational Survival Workshop for Pandemic Flu”
- Virginia Beach Department of Health, Disaster Preparedness Presentation
- Smithfield School Administration, Disaster Preparedness Presentation
- Food Bank of South Hampton Roads: Annually participates with donations of thousands of pounds of food. The Jo-Kell team consistently contributes nearly 5000 pounds of food yearly to the food bank. This effort has been ongoing since 2004.
- St. Mary’s Home for Disabled Children: Since 2005, Jo-Kell has supported St. Mary’s with an annual funding raising effort with donations totaling between $6000 and $8000 annually.
- Chesapeake Public Safety Dept.: Since 2005, the Jo-Kell team supports our public safety personnel by supplying their meals during the entire weekend of the Chesapeake Jubilee.
- Other efforts supported by Jo-Kell: Stand Up for Kids, Make-A-Wish Foundation, American Red Cross, Dwelling Place, March of Dimes, U.S. Military stationed in Iraq, Ronald McDonald House, Animal Rescue of Tidewater, Friends of Chesapeake Animal Services, Toys for Tots, Salvation Army, Susan G. Komen Foundation, Purple Heart Association, Operation Christmas Child, Union Mission, Unicef, Chesapeake Bay Foundation, Candii House, Freedom for Soldiers, St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
Marty Kelly, President
Marty Kelly, President of Jo-Kell, began his career at the company in 1978. Prior to his move to Jo-Kell, Marty was a licensed boat captain for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, surveying the channels of Hampton Roads for seven years.
Leading the sales team since the early years of Jo-Kell, Marty has developed the sales team into a world-class operation. Under his leadership, product and market development has grown substantially since the company’s inception. In addition, he continues to advance the vision and direction of Jo-Kell.
Strategically, Marty has undertaken the leadership of the vendor and customer relations at Jo-Kell. As such, he meets with industry and company leaders to present and discuss Jo-Kell vision while seeking strategic partnerships, and products and services capabilities expansion. Marty is also heavily involved with the M&A efforts of Jo-Kell.
An avid reader, Marty stays abreast of trends in sales, management, and industry-specific market forces. He has a tremendous insight into the marine and industrial marketplace, which he puts into practice daily when advising the different teams at Jo-Kell.
As a community leader, Marty devotes much of his time to coaching high school girl’s basketball teams. Over the years, he has coached young women in achieving personal goals through individual and team athletic skill development. Marty’s inspirational style of coaching has made a difference in the lives of many whom he has coached.
Marty has been married to Suzy Kelly since 1978. They have four children and five grandchildren. In addition to his business and community activities, Marty is an accomplished “chef,” keeping his family and friends well-nourished over the years.
Adrian Marchi, COO
Adrian Marchi joined Jo-Kell in September 2008 and is responsible for the overall company performance and ensuring the future growth of Jo-Kell. Under his leadership and in collaboration with ownership and Executive Management, Jo-Kell has continued to flourish steadily year after year.
Prior to joining Jo-Kell, Adrian was a Senior Sales and Marketing professional and an Executive Officer of an enterprise solution provider. He has a strong background in operations, planning, developing and executing market penetration strategies while tactically managing full P&L, Business Development, Pre-Sales, Sales, Services, Marketing, Training and Support Teams. He is also very familiar with international markets.
Being community minded, Adrian has served as a Vice President on the Council of a non-profit organization, and as a Special Projects Volunteer at a local free clinic. In addition, Adrian has taught Business Administration classes at Catholic University. He has also developed and taught a course on leadership. Adrian has a Ph.D. in Business Administration, a Master of Arts in Theology and has earned a CPA from Catholic University.
Adrian is married and has three children. He is also an ordained Deacon in the Catholic Church.